Monday 7 March 2011

A picture, a memory, a glimpse into a life...

You know that point in your life when you are quavering at the very precipice of a decision? That period of time that you know will look like a fork in the path of your life when looked at in retrospect?

Well... this is almost one of those.

I have recently discovered a love of photography, even though I can only boast an amazing three days of decent camera usage (Canon 550D, for those interested). And regardless of this amateurish encounter I feel that photography is something that could become a very important part of my life.

I never used to like the idea of photos. I never really understood why people would obsess over photos and their digital cameras. Now, I get it. The only problem is that for me to get into this as a hobby, and as an aside for my Media course, I would have to use a DSLR, like the one I borrowed from a friend recently. They tend to cost a lot. I only have so much in my savings. I don't know whether this would be a mistake or something that will last a very long time and become something... great.

Oh, coincidently, the picture on my first post was also taken by myself. Copyright, and all that jazz.


I like this one, and any macro shot. It's turned out nice.
I particularly like how it's not horizontal.

No comments:

Post a Comment