Wednesday 2 March 2011

In the beginning there was...

Nothing! Welcome to my first blog post. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Writing a blog that is. The fact that I've only just got around to it is probably evidence of my mentality when it comes to... well, just about everything! I put things off, mostly due to some very minor detail - in this case it was figuring out what to write about.

I've decided that it's time to bite the bullet and just do it. It's going to be an incredibly tough journey, and there's a chance I'll fail. Here's to hoping I get through it.

I'll be posting anything that takes my fancy, I don't think there will be a "theme" as such. Obviously there will be a gerenal trend when it comes to what I like to post and dislike posting.

I'm a lover of books, mainly fiction of the fantasy and science-fiction genres. Movies, games, writing, playing the guitar and singing along to songs (badly!) are my hobbies. Expect a rant and/or essay on any of these subjects from time to time. Also, I'm currently studying Philosophy and Ethics, Media Studies, English Literature and English Language at sixth form (AS level this year, A2 level next year); the fruits of my learning will be frequently posted and generally referred to. You have been warned!

A blank page is one of the most daunting things a writer will ever face.

No comments:

Post a Comment