Tuesday 9 August 2011

I am almost there, but I don't think I want to be...

So, I'm currently on page 407 of Ghost Story... there's barely 50 pages or so to go until the end, and I have a feeling that I won't enjoy being there. You know, at the end of another book... waiting for the next one. Waiting a year. A whole year.

I can't do it.

So instead, I'll have to busy myself with things that will take up a lot of time. English Literature and Language investigations anyone?

Huh, the US and UK covers are almost identical
this time around... Strange.


I am adamant that I will choose fiction as the basis of my language investigation, and I hope to God that I can manage a topic around science-fiction, or possibly fantasy. Mainly because my Literature teacher will be taking half of my Language lessons next year, as she teaches the higher level course, and she hates science-fiction. In fact, she even admitted as such to us, but there have been a few incidents where she's seen that possibly science-fiction isn't as bad as she's mistaken it for.

That opportunity comes in the form of dystopian fiction and Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. And boy, is she going to get a shock when I hand in my Literature coursework and I've used a novel by very famous science-fiction writer Philip K. Dick! Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said, is set in a dystopian setting... which will allow me to compare it to The Handmaid's Tale.


Ah, I seem to have gone on a tangent... oh, well, never mind.

I do not want to finish Ghost Story, yet.
But I must know what happens!

I'm going to scurry away and read now.

Hopefully I'll get a decent review posted on here soon.

No. I will post an awesome review.

No comments:

Post a Comment