Tuesday 4 October 2011

To meander...

This blog is called Meandering Thoughts, and if you read my posts you'll probably see why I decided upon that name.

I meander.

A lot.

meander
intr.v.  meandered, meandering, meanders
            1. To follow a winding and turning course:
                Streams tend to meander through level land.
            2. To move aimlessly and idly without fixed direction:
                vagabonds meandering through life.

n.
            1. meanders Circuitous windings or sinuosities, as of a stream or path.
            2. A circuitous journey or excursion; ramble./ Often used in the plural.
            3. An ornamental pattern of winding or intertwining lines, used in art and architecture.

Taken from thefreedictionary.com and I particularly like the second example for the intransitive verb:
         
         vagabonds meandering through life.

This is the definition of my blog. Vagabond. For the adjective, it means
adj.
         1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a wanderer; nomadic.
         2. Aimless; drifting.
         3. Irregular in course or behaviour; unpredictable.

I'll tell you why Meandering Thoughts is a vagabond.

  1. There is no 'home' for this blog. It has no set genre or code to relate to. 
  2. Of course intrinsic to the first point, I do not have an 'aim' as such, for my blog. It drifts from topic to topic, and I rarely adhere to the rules I set out.
  3. And again, inherent in the result of the first two points, I am unpredictable in terms of scheduling posts, what point I shall make and whether I will ever mention it again.
And there you have it, the vagabond blog: Meandering Thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment