Monday 5 September 2011

Language investigation...

Hey guys, or gals, how are things?

I'm currently writing for my English Language investigation coursework. I've found a "hypothesis" to go with, it's really a question, and I'm enjoying it... but I have no idea if my teacher's going to like it at all. Ah well.

So, the reason I'm blogging is to tell you all that I will think about posting up the finished thing once I've gotten it finalised - in small amounts, it's a monster!

I'll tell you the gist of it now.

WARNING: Subject to frequent, swift and unannounced changes!
“How do the ways female authors of fantasy use language in their first chapter differ from the ways male authors of fantasy use language in their first chapter?”
Oh, and yeah... I realise that it's a general statement of vagueness... but that's kind of what you're supposed to have.

I'll be analysing lexis, semantics, pragmatics and possibly grammar. I've started on the semantics/grammar/structure side of things.

No idea when it's going to be finished, but hey, it's for college, and they love deadlines!





No comments:

Post a Comment