Thursday 8 September 2011

Language investigation part two...

Okay, so I had my first lesson of English Language after the summer break today. Spoke to my teacher about my question and hypothesis and received some feedback on my ideas.

Basically... I have to be extremely careful that I don't tread into Literature territory, and because I'm using fiction as the basis for my investigation that's going to be a major pitfall I have to guard against.

Other than that... I guess that I am on the right track at least. I wanted to focus on the characters, and the way they are described by the authors, the language used to show their actions, the way they are active or passive in sentence construction, if they perform stereotypical roles or not...

And, by Jove, I never thought I'd ever want to do a study on gender issues. Damn.

Oh well. Roll with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment