Monday 10 June 2013

Update

So, I haven't posted here in over a year and a half. Oops.

An update on how my life's changed since I wrote the last post, since I think it would be rather incomplete without it; it being this blog, and it being an explanation.

Last September, 2012, I packed up my things and drove to University. Which one? you're asking with bated breath. (If you're not, then pretend).

Bangor University!

It was my first choice, and I was so damn happy when they accepted me, I could barely believe it. The colleges and teachers of the country all seem to try and crush your hopes for university as much as they can, just because they're afraid that someone won't get in and blame them.

Yeah, it's awful that some people don't get in to places... but if you choose your course and university right, do decently in your A Levels and put effort into your application, you're going to be fine. That's the most advice I'm giving gratis today. You can't blame me, either, if you don't get to university. It's not my fault.

Well, anyway. I got in. So, I moved out here (Wales), and subjected myself to about six months of rain, and one of glorious sunshine. It's been AWESOME.

So, I don't mind telling you that my A Level results were good, but not the best, and that the work I've done at uni so far has been, mostly, good but not the best. However, there's a huge difference between the two.

I've heard that A Levels are harder than University in general. I agree, but not because of the level of work, but the awful way they treat you: halfway between a kid and an adult. Uni doesn't, all adult. Hard to get used to at first, believe me.

And whilst 'good' at college is not that great, 'good' at university is good. Getting an A at A Level means something completely different to getting an A, or a First, at University. An A at college was expected. I mean, really badly expected. Here? A's are legendary. You feel awesome when you're given them.

Side note: I'm getting bored of this post. Sssh, don't tell anyone.

Okay, so... wrapping up this long post. I'm in a relationship with someone I met here; I have a house with six other friends for next year; I'm doing well at uni; I'm not depressed like last year; I've written lots of new things, including scripts and poetry; I'm happy.

See you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment